Welshampton and Lyneal Parish Council aims to give value for money as it raises and spends money for the benefit of the local community. It makes it clear where the money goes and is accountable for sound financial management.
Parish Councils that spends taxpayers’ money has a duty to do so lawfully and must be confident that whenever it spends any money
- it has the legal power (it is not acting beyond its powers)
- it follows lawful procedures
- it does not take unnecessary risks
- transactions are transparent
- councillors conform to standards in public decision making.
There is legislation that provides a detailed framework that Parish Councils must follow. Parish Councils must take responsibility for
- appointing an appropriate officer to manage its finances
- following lawful and proper financial procedures
- deciding how much precept (the amount of money Shropshire Council collects on behalf of the Parish Council) to ask for from the council tax
- establishing sound internal control (audit) systems
- setting up its own financial regulations
- formally accepting the end of year accounts
- submitting what is required to the external auditor
- publishing the accounts and the results of audit
Monitoring and control
At every Council meeting the Budget is monitored and explanations for any amounts under or over expenditure are discussed. Also, expenditure can only be approved at full Council meetings. The Council’s finances are audited annually both internally and externally.
Please note that some pdfs/documents may not comply with the Accessibility Regulations but they can be provided in an alternative format or media on request
Year Ending March 2021
Year Ending March 2020 – please note these documents are subject to the External Auditor’s review
Year Ending March 2019
External Audit – If you wish to inspect the original document please contact the Clerk.
Accounting Statements – If you wish to inspect the original document please contact the Clerk.
Year Ending March 2018
External Audit If you wish to inspect the original document please contact the Clerk.
Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2017/18 Part 3 (including Internal Audit Report) If you wish to inspect the original document please contact the Clerk.
Year Ending March 2017
External Audit – if you wish to inspect the original document please contact the Clerk
Year Ending March 2016
Conclusion of Audit Notice & Annual Return 2015-16 – if you wish to inspect the original document please contact the Clerk
Year Ending March 2015
Year Ending March 2014
The following document details the Grants given and received
The following document details contracts awarded
The following documents have been approved by the Parish Council