- To provide effective, efficient and accountable local government for the parish, enabling residents to be involved in the life of the community and its future development.
- To be a strong voice for residents and local businesses, working to improve the overall parish area both built and natural, while preserving the uniqueness of heritage areas.
- To understand and communicate the views, needs and aspirations of residents and businesses to statutory and non-governmental bodies as required.
- Increase public involvement in the community through ensuring the parish council and its activities are open, transparent and accountable to residents.
- Support local business and economic activity in the parish.
- Work with other Councils to provide safe, healthy and timely opportunities for recreation, leisure and education.
- To support the work of parish voluntary organizations through grants and practical support
- Respond to planning applications and other statutory consultations on time, ensuring that recommendations made to Shropshire Council adhere to the community plan, any statutory regulations, and the interests of the community.
- Promote, within our community, activities which support the principles of environmental sustainability and an ethical society, working with others to keep public places clean and safe.
- Ensure that Councillors and Staff have access to high quality training and development opportunities and that they meet all required standards, for example working towards achieving Quality Council status.
Parish Council Business Plan 2018 – 2022
The Parish Council has adopted a long term Business Plan to help direct its work.
Parish Council Annual Action Plan
The Council uses an Action Plan to help progress projects and will be the main way of telling you what we are doing to meet the needs of the community.
It is a two-way conversation. Please tell us what you think about it. We welcome your comments. If you require any further information that would help you understand what we are trying to achieve, please let us know.
We can also provide additional information on the issues raised in the Plan.
Parish Council Performance Review June 2018
The Council’s role is to have overall responsibility for the wellbeing of the local community and covers:
· Representing the community taking into account different interests.
· Delivering services to meet local needs.
· Striving to improve the quality of life in the community.
· In England, organising the annual parish meeting.
To deliver against these responsibilities, the Council needs to be able to identify the critical issues, eg its purposes and plans, financial resilience and quality of governance, and be able to review these at regular intervals. The Council carried out a Performance Review in June 2018. A copy of the review can be found through this link.