1952 – Death of King George VI Welshampton Football team wore black arm bands
1952 – Carnival held in August – Myra Sproston of Whitemere was the Carnival Queen.
1952 – Garden Fete at the Vicarage.
1953 – Memories of Coronation Day by Gladys Thomas
1953 – Coronation – the first television sets in the village – fancy dress celebration and dinner at parish hall
1954 – The Revd. Ron Egerton left and the Revd. R.S. Renfree was inducted as Vicar.
1954 – Mr Havers the Postmaster retired after completing 60 years’ service. He was 81.
1959 – Revd Roberts inducted as Welshampton’s new vicar
Arrival of mains water c1960
1963 – Centenary of St Michael and all Angels’ Church
1965 Welshampton Station closed and replaced with a bus service
1966 Private flight from Sleap to Abbotsinch crashed at high speed into hillock at Oakleigh Farm in Welshampton on 12 August, killing all 3 on board
1967 – Foot and Mouth disease broke out affecting most farms in the area (82 cases a day reported). Affected farms were isolated and soldiers assisted the police. Many cattle were slaughtered.
1969 A new shop and garage were built in Welshampton
1970 Centenary of Colemere Church
1971 – Miss Olive Richards, Headmistress for over 30 years retired. She was appointed during the War. Mr Edwards was appointed.
- Revd. Roberts retired – the last vicar of Welshampton to live in The Vicarage, which was sold by the Diocese for £27,000 in 1973. Mr W.H. (Bill) Lloyd was elected as member of the North Shropshire District Council in his place.
1972 Part of the Bridgewater Estate was sold at auction by direction of the executors of the fourth Duke of Westminster, including Colemere Boathouse, Boat Park and Woodland, Little Mill, Crabmill Farm, The Shrubberies, the Birches, Bank House and Whitemere
1973 – Father Webb – Priest in Charge
1975 – Bradenheath Chapel closed and sold in 1980
1977 The Queen’s Silver Jubilee was celebrated at a village event at the Welshampton Parish Hall. Activities included ‘Guess the Weight of the Pig’ (with the prize a pig donated by Bill Lloyd) and a pram race. Around 25 prams entered and raced along the main road from the parish hall down to Station House, back along the lane to the school and onto the main road for a finish at the parish hall.(Disco at night? Country and Western Dance lead by the Homesteaders band. Children’s tea party and jubilee mugs presented by Robert Mainwaring
1985 The Lyneal Trust was formed with the aim of offering canal cruising holidays for the disabled from Lyneal Wharf
1987 Mr. C.P Edwards, headmaster of Welshampton Primary School, retired after 16 years
1988 – Footpath map on display and Week-end breaks – cycling and walking holidays
1988 – Father Webb died
1989 Lyneal Primary School closes in July
1990 – Visit of Dr Kenneth Tsekoa, High Commissioner of Lesotho to Welshampton School and the grave of Prince Jeremiah
1990 and 1994 Welshampton lad Neil Thomas won gold medals for gymnastics at two Commonwealth Games – celebration and presentation in Parish Hall with buffet and bar.
1993 Welshampton’s new parish hall cost £109,000 with grants of £42,00 from the CC, £12,000 from the NSDC and £10,000 from the Rural Dev. Commission, was officially opened by Neil Thomas in July
1994 – The Sun Inn won the Best Pub Exterior Award. The Licensee for the past seven years was Douglas Furber.
1997 – The Revd John Durnell retired and The Revd Trevor Thorold installed as Priest in Charge
1997 – Welshampton pre-school unit opened
1997 – The Centenary of the Railway Disaster was commemorated in the Parish Hall. A memorial stone was placed near the site of the accident.
1998 – Egerton’s Garage closed in April
1998 – Church Bells restored by Taylor’s of Loughborough. The Revd Thorold appointed Rural Dean at the dedication service in Church.
1999 – Visit of royal party from Lesotho – Queen Mamohoto, the Queen Mother and Prince Seeiso, the King’s brother.
2000 – Midnight Service in church and bells ringing to mark the millennium.
2000 – The Revd Thorold exchanged with the Revd Sandy Mowat of Saskatchewan for 2 months
2000 – Welshampton School 150 years celebrated – historical exhibition in church and Victorian garden party at the old vicarage
2002 – The Queen’s Golden Jubilee celebrated at Church – school children given a commemorative medal
2002 Welshampton Bonfire Committee staged the first of the bonfire spectaculars which featured detailed constructions including a rocket, ship, train, horse and a phoenix and drew huge crowds annually for the next decade
2004 – The Revd Thorold resigned. Fr John Vernon acted as temporary Priest in Charge until the Revd David Ash was appointed Priest in Charge.
2004 – English Heritage award grant for church repairs supported by the Victorian Society who describe it as an exceptional listed building. Work began on the west end extension and a new heating system installed.
2005-6 – Major roof repairs carried out at the Church.
2006 The first Welshampton Plant Fair took place with the aim of raising funds for a new roof for St Michael’s & All Angels. This was accomplished and over the years, the Fair raised more than £60,000
2007 – Music by the Mere concerts during summer months in Colemere Church continued until 2017
2009 – Centenary of Welshampton Mother’s Union
2010 The Queen of Lesotho visited the grave of Basotho prince, Jeremiah Moshueshue, in Welshampton churchyard
2011 The census recorded a population of 852 at the 2011 census
2012 Welshampton’s pub, The Sun, reopened after a four-year closure
2012 The Diamond Jubilee celebrated – community celebrations ‘Bring and Share Big Tea Party’ at the old Vicarage – Service of Thanksgiving in church – children presented with commemorative copy of the New Testament.
Revd David Ash left and the Revd Stephen Harrop became Priest in Charge.
2012 Both boats of the Lyneal Trust – ‘Shropshire Lad’ and ‘Shropshire Lass’ – sailed in the Thames pageant to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee
2013 150th Jubilee of the Parish Church celebrated – Service of thanksgiving in Church – ‘Bing and Share Tea Party in Parish Hall – talk entitled ‘The Vision Glorious’ given in church later published as Faith of our Fathers.
2015 Garden of Remembrance was dedicated by the Archdeacon of Salop
2015 Pupils from St. Saviour’s High School Leribe, Lesotho were joined by pupils from Welshampton School to lay stones brought from Lesotho on the grave of Prince Jeremiah.
2017 Reverend Maureen Read became the first woman vicar of the Meres & Mosses Benefice
2018 The first Community Service Awards were given to Keith Egerton and Tommy Lindsay for services to the parish
2018 Parishioners joined together to remember ‘Our Gallant 35’ local people who gave their lives in World War One. Exhibition in Parish Hall followed by publication of details of each fallen soldier – anniversary of each one observed with an Act of Remembrance and the sounding of The Last Post at the War Memorial.
2019 Welshampton and Lyneal Parish Council award Quality Gold under the Local Council Award Scheme, the highest level of award. The Council was the first council in Shropshire to be awarded this level of award.
2020 County hit with Covid-19 pandemic. The Parish Council asked for volunteers to come forward to help those who were shielding etc. 31 parishioners came forward to help with shopping, phone calls to those who were suffering isolation issues, collecting prescriptions and so on. It showed the community spirit that exists but not always evident.